The MBA/MPH joint degree program is intended for students who plan careers in both sectors and are interested in the ways in which management skills can be applied in public health and healthcare organizations.
Full-time students may complete the degree in 2.5 years and part-time students in 3.5 years.
Mandatory Applications Heading link
Dual Degree Requirements Heading link
Core Requirements (26 semester hours)
- ACTG 500 – Intro to Financial & Management Accounting (4 semester hours)
- ECON 520 – Microeconomics for Business Decisions (4 semester hours)
- FIN 500 – Intro to Corporate Finance (4 semester hours)
- IDS 532 – Decision Models & Info. Systems II (4 semester hours)
- MGMT 541 – Organizational Behavior (4 semester hours)
- MKTG 500 – Introduction to Marketing (4 semester hours)
- MBA 570 – Enterprise Strategy (Integrative Learning Experience course) (2 semester hours)
Electives (12 semester hours)
Students must take at least 12 semester hours of credits that comprise an approved concentration in the College of Business Administration.
- Business Analytics
- International Business
- Management Information Systems
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Real Estate
School-Wide Core Requirements (18-20 semester hours)
- IPHS 401 – Determinants of Population Health (4 semester hours)
- IPHS 403 – Public Health Systems, Policy and Management (4 semester hours)
- IPHS 650 – Applied Practice Experience in Public Health (3 semester hours)
- IPHS 698 – Integrative Learning Experience (1 semester hours)
- IPHS 650 – Interprofessional Education (0 semester hours)
A total of six semester hours must be completed from the following courses:
- IPHS 402 – Analytic and Research Methods in Public Health (onsite) (6 semester hours)
- IPHS 404 – Analytic and Research Methods in Public Health Part 1 (online) (3 semester hours)
- IPHS 405 – Analytic and Research Methods in Public Health Part 2 (online) (3 semester hours)
Divisional Requirements and Electives
Students must complete the divisional requirements and electives for one of the eight MPH programs offered by the School of Public Health. Use the links below to view the specific degree requirements for each of the programs. Note that the school-wide core requirements and required non-credit training listed on each degree requirements page are listed above on this page.