Career Services is dedicated to helping students and alumni with their job search and career development needs through information on career opportunities, internships, career resources and offering career focused events throughout the academic year. Individualized career coaching sessions are available Monday–Friday 9:00 am -5:00 pm. Sessions are also available via video conferencing or phone.
Appointments are in high demand and we ask that students come prepared for their appointment. In order to be accessible to more students and offer quality advising, please be sure to contact us 1 day in advance to reschedule or cancel your appointment
Career Cafe -Summer 2021
Register in advance for this meeting on ZOOM:
Career Cafe is a webinar series where we cover various career/professional development topics. Open to all students and alumni!
Summer Topics Include: Salary Negotiation; Tips for Career Changers; What to Wear on Your First Day of Work; Top 5 Communication Do’s and Top 5 Don’ts to Avoid at Work; and much more!
First Career Café will be on Jun 15, 2021 05:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
SPH Emergency Fund Summer 2021
Students must be enrolled in SPH for summer term to qualify for the SPH Emergency Fund.
Get Started Here
Career Services Events
Career Development Resources
Services and Career Coaching Sessions
- Creating a customized CV, resume and cover letter
- Offering feedback for recorded mock interviews
- Discussing networking strategies
- Access to job postings and special event notices on uiccareers.com
- Developing your personal brand
- Creating and navigating LinkedIn
- Optimizing your job search
- Salary negotiation
- Career focused webinars
- Applied practice experience informational sessions & consultation
- Please note that workshop requests are only available to the UIC School of Public Health.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks in advance for your workshop request.
- Workshops can include mornings, afternoons and evenings based on availability.
- A minimum of 10 participants in the audience is requested (15 is ideal).