Career Services is dedicated to helping students and alumni with their job search and career development needs through information on career opportunities, internships, career resources and offering career focused events throughout the academic year. Individualized career coaching sessions are available Monday–Friday 9:00 am -5:00 pm. Sessions are also available via video conferencing or phone.
Appointments are in high demand and we ask that students come prepared for their appointment. In order to be accessible to more students and offer quality advising, please be sure to contact us 1 day in advance to reschedule or cancel your appointment
Register Handshake account
Career Services Events
Student Career Resources
Services and Career Coaching Sessions
- Creating a customized CV, resume and cover letter
- Offering feedback for recorded mock interviews
- Discussing networking strategies
- Access to job postings and special event notices on uiccareers.com
- Developing your personal brand
- Creating and navigating LinkedIn
- Optimizing your job search
- Salary negotiation
- Career focused webinars
- Applied practice experience informational sessions & consultation
- Please note that workshop requests are only available to the UIC School of Public Health.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks in advance for your workshop request.
- Workshops can include mornings, afternoons and evenings based on availability.
- A minimum of 10 participants in the audience is requested (15 is ideal).