The Master of Science in Clinical and Translational Science program requires a minimum of 48 semester hours. The program is designed for completion in two years when enrolled full-time and includes the following course requirements.
Required Courses (26 semester hours)
- BHIS 509 – Informatics for the Clinical Investigator (3 semester hours)
- BSTT 400 – Biostatistics I (4 semester hours)
- BSTT 401 – Biostatistics II (4 semester hours)
- EPID 403 – Introduction to Epidemiology: Principles and Methods (3 semester hours)
- HPA 522 – Public Health Research Design and Methods (3 semester hours)
- HPA 526 – Leadership and Diversity in Clinical Research (2 semester hours)
- HPA 591 – Grant Writing for New Investigators (3 semester hours)
- GC 501 – Scientific Integrity and Responsible Research (1 semester hour)
- IPHS 520 – Public Health Frameworks for Researchers (3 semester hours)
- IPHS 598 – Research in the Public Health Sciences – MS (16 semester hours)
Electives (6 semester hours)
All students must complete a minimum of 6 semester hours of electives selected from across disciplines at UIC. With input from their advisor and mentor, students will choose appropriate electives that are tailored to their unique backgrounds, skill levels, areas of interest, research focus, and future goals. At least 9 semester hours must be 500-level courses excluding thesis or independent study.