Fall Semester Deadline
International students - December 15
Domestic students - February 1
- Complete the UIC supplemental application and supplemental fee: UIC requires a brief supplemental application and non-refundable supplemental application fee ($70 for Domestic and International applicants).
- Complete the SOPHAS application and fee. The documents in steps 3 – 5 will all be uploaded via SOPHAS.
- Personal Statement, uploaded via SOPHAS. It is generally recommended to keep the statement to 500-800 words and to focus on your interests/experiences in public health and the program you are applying to specifically, your goals with the degree, and why you would be successful in the program. For students applying to research focused programs, the personal statement should also address potential research interests.
- Resume or CV, uploaded via SOPHAS
- Three letters of recommendation, uploaded via SOPHAS
- Domestic Applicants must submit transcripts issued from the University for all undergraduate and post-baccalaureate work directly to SOPHAS. Domestic students who have completed course work at foreign institutions should follow the instructions provided below for international applicants for submitting those academic credentials.
- All international transcripts must be uploaded directly into the UIC system after completing the Supplemental Application. Students uploading international transcripts must also pay a UIC International Credential Evaluation Fee. Domestic students submitting international coursework from study abroad do not pay the evaluation fee. Students admitted to the UIC School of Public Health will need to provide sealed official transcripts to the UIC Office of Admissions prior to their second term at the university. International applicants may submit a course by course WES evaluation directly to SOPHAS, but it is not required.
GRE Test Optional for 2021 cycle
For the 2021 cycle, standardized test scores are optional. Test scores are not required but will be considered if an application chooses to submit them. Any CHS applicant who does not provide a GRE score as part of their application is required to submit a supplementary statement. Your statement must be uploaded to SOPHAS, and replace the role of the GRE in corroborating other elements of your application that provide evidence of your comfort with quantitative concepts, your reading comprehension, and your skill with research-based and analytic writing. Your statement may provide additional detail or context about components that are already included in your application (for example, providing additional detail about work experience in a resume), or introduce additional elements into your application (for example, an explanation of a relevant project completed during prior coursework that is not necessarily evident from your transcript). Please note that the absence of a GRE score does place additional emphasis on a need for the other elements of your application to be strong.
If submitting GRE scores, test code options are:
- GRE Scores sent to code 7931 will be forwarded and shown as official on the SOPHAS application.
- Scores sent to code 1851-0616 will be received by UIC only.
Either code is accepted, 7931 is preferred.