Health in All Policies Workgroup
About the Health in All Policies (HiAP) Workgroup Heading link
The Health in All Policies (HiAP) Workgroup is a partnership between the UIC School of Public Health and Illinois Department of Public Health, convened in accordance with the Health in All Policies Act (410 ILCS 155/10(a) thru 155/10(i)) passed by Illinois General Assembly on January 1, 2020. The HiAP Workgroup is tasked with reviewing legislation and making new policy recommendations relating to the health of Illinois residents.
Health in All Policies Framework Heading link
A “health in all policies framework” means a public health framework through which policymakers and stakeholders in the public and private sectors use a collaborative approach to improve health outcomes and reduce health inequities in the state by incorporating health considerations into decision-making across sectors and policy areas.
Health in All Policies Principles Heading link
- Promote health, equity, and sustainability.
- Enhance cross-sector collaboration.
- Benefit multiple partners.
- Engage stakeholders.
- Create structural and procedural change.
2022 Recommendations Heading link
The Health in All Policies (HiAP) Workgroup submitted the following recommendations to the Illinois General Assembly on December 31, 2022 as part of their 2022 annual report:
- Develop and implement a process for providing technical assistance on the evaluation and incorporation of health in future legislation and policies.
- Develop appropriate tools to measure health impact.
- Appropriate funding for the implementation of HiAP activities.