A baccalaureate degree from an accredited university is the minimum requirement for admission to the Public Health Informatics Certificate. Application to the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is required for admission. Students must apply by completing the Graduate Non-Degree online application. Besides submitting a completed application form and non-refundable UIC application fee, applicants must submit the following supplemental documents to UIC's School of Public Health, Division of Health Policy and Administration (address below) in order to be considered for admission to the online credit non-degree program.
- TRANSCRIPTS - A copy or official baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate transcript(s) with degree conferred from an accredited university or college. While a grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 is required, a GPA close to 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) is recommended.
- PERSONAL STATEMENT - A concise typed statement of the student's reason for seeking education in public health informatics. Please be sure to include your full name at the top of your personal statement.
- CURRENT RESUME OR CURRICULUM VITAE
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
- International academic documents that are evaluated by a professional credential evaluation service that holds membership in the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), in lieu of transcripts, are also acceptable.
- TOEFL SCORES - International applicants must present evidence of English competency. Official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language
(TOEFL) administered by the Educational Testing Service, Princeton, NJ 08540, must be sent to UIC. UIC's institution code for the TOEFL is 1851. The test must have been taken within the last two years. Minimum scores required: paper-based TOEFL = 550, computer-based TOEFL = 213, IBT total score = 80. The USMLE and ECFMG will not be considered in lieu of the TOEFL or as evidence of English competency.
Visit: Graduate Non-Degree Study
Select your intended program from the dropdown list below.
Visit the Program Page for relevant program-specific application information.
Follow the Application link for the program, as applicable, when you're ready to start a New application. If you've already started the application, click here to log in. (Programs will display in the list regardless of deadlines). Click on the "First-time user account creation" to create an account to start your application. Follow the prompts to guide you through the application.
If you wish to save your application and complete it at another time, click on "Finish Later" from the Application Checklist screen.
Once you have clicked on the "Application is Complete" button and your application and application fee have been submitted, please send us an e-mail stating that your application has been submitted online.
Make sure to submit all of your supplemental documents (listed above) to HPA's Online Education Program Coordinator, Rocelia Viramontes For detailed information regarding supplemental documents, please email Rocelia Viramontes.
For current tuition and fees for the Public Health Informatics credit non-degree program please visit the tuition webpage.
NOTE: Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice any time prior to the first day of instruction.
CHANGING FROM CREDIT NON-DEGREE TO DEGREE PROGRAM
Students may transfer credits earned as a non-degree program towards the fulfilment of the Master of Public Health in Public Health Informatics program (MPH PHI). To transfer credits, the student must earn a minimum letter grade of "B" or above in all the Public Health Informatics courses. Admission as a credit non-degree student does not guarantee admission to any of the UIC School of Public Health degree-seeking programs