International Applicant Definition
You are an international applicant if:
1) You are a citizen or permanent resident alien of a country or political area other than the United States with a residence outside the United States to which you expect to return, and
2) Either are, or propose to be, a temporary alien in the United States. This page briefly outlines admissions requirements for all international students.
English Proficiency Information
International applicants must present evidence of English competency.
An English proficiency exam is required, unless a student meets one of two criteria:
- The student has 2 or more years of full time education in a country where English is the only official language.
- The student submits a letter from a US employer of at least one year stating English proficiency.
The university accepts three official English proficiency exams:
1) TOEFL iBT – Scores must be reported directly to UIC from ETS. Required minimums are:
- Total Score: 80
- Listening: 17
- Writing: 21
- Reading: 19
- Speaking: 20
2) IELTS – Scores are reported by uploading a PDF version after completing the UIC Supplemental Application. Required minimums are:
- Overall Score: 6.5
- Listening: 6
- Writing: 6
- Reading: 6
- Speaking: 6
3) PTE Academic – Scores must be reported directly to UIC from Pearson. Required minimums are:
- Overall Score: 54
- Listening: 47
- Writing: 56
- Reading: 51
- Speaking: 53
Official Transcript Information
International applicants have two options for their transcripts. One is to submit a course by course WES evaluation directly to SOPHAS. Second is to upload the transcripts directly into the UIC system after completing the Supplemental Application. Under either scenario, students admitted to the UIC School of Public Health will need to provide sealed, official transcripts to the UIC Office of Admissions prior to their second term at the university.
Additional information regarding UIC requirements for International applicants may can be found at:http://www.uic.edu/depts/oar/grad/international_requirements_grad.html.