Fall semester - domestic students: May 15
Fall semester - international students: February 15
Note: Due to the current need for public health professionals in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the school has extended the Fall 2020 application deadline to June 15 for Masters programs. Applicants considering an application are encouraged to apply and all applications will receive full consideration. Given current test center closures, programs are considering GRE waivers on a case by case basis. If you would like more information, please contact SPH Admissions directly.
- Complete the UIC graduate application: UIC requires an application and non-refundable application fee ($70 for Domestic and International applicants).
- Personal Statement. It is generally recommended to keep the statement to 500-800 words and to focus on your interests/experiences in public health and the program you are applying to specifically, your goals with the degree, and why you would be successful in the program. As a research program, students should also include their potential research interests in the program.
- Resume or CV.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- All previous coursework and transcripts.
- Official Standardized Test Scores:
- GRE Scores should be sent to UIC code 1851.
GRE Scores are required for all MPH applicants except:
- Applicants with a degree at the doctoral level from an accredited U.S. or Canadian school.
- Physicians who are fully licensed to practice in the United States (through residency).
- For exceptional cases not listed, please contact your division of interest for further information.
Please note: The USMLE and ECFMG will not be considered in lieu of the GRE.