Delta Omega Honorary Society
The Alumni Board of the UIC School of Public Health is now accepting nominations for individuals to be elected to the Lambda chapter of the Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health.
- Must be an alumnus or alumna of the UIC School of Public Health, having received an MPH, MS, DrPH, PhD, or MHA from the School.
- Must be currently employed in the field of public health.
- Must not already be a Delta Omega member (either as a student or faculty member)
- Must demonstrate exemplary achievement in public health (community service, teaching and/or scholarship) as evidenced by (in no particular order of importance):
- Receipt of awards
- Publication of notable works in his or her field
- Work with or for community-based organizations
- Leadership positions in professional or academic public health
- Accomplishment in education (community, public, or higher education)
- Development of innovative public health programming
- Recognition as an expert is his/her field
- Mentoring younger public health professionals
- Shaping important public policy initiatives
To nominate someone, please submit a recommendation letter outlining reasons for the nomination and a current CV to email@example.com by March 6, 2020.