Fall Application Deadlines
Domestic students - February 1
International students - December 15
Priority deadline of December 1 for all applicants to be guaranteed consideration for school-level financial aid.
Application Steps Heading link
- Complete the UIC supplemental application and supplemental fee: UIC requires a brief supplemental application and non-refundable supplemental application fee ($70 for Domestic and International applicants).
- Complete the SOPHAS application and fee. The documents in steps 3 – 5 will all be uploaded via SOPHAS.
- Personal Statement, uploaded via SOPHAS. It is generally recommended to keep the statement to 500-800 words and to focus on your interests/experiences in public health and the program you are applying to specifically, your goals with the degree, and why you would be successful in the program. For students applying to research focused programs, the personal statement should also address potential research interests.
- Resume or CV, uploaded via SOPHAS
- Three letters of recommendation, uploaded via SOPHAS
- Domestic Applicants must submit transcripts issued from the University for all undergraduate and post-baccalaureate work directly to SOPHAS. Domestic students who have completed course work at foreign institutions should follow the instructions provided below for international applicants for submitting those academic credentials.
- All international transcripts must be uploaded directly into the UIC system after completing the Supplemental Application. Students uploading international transcripts must also pay a UIC International Credential Evaluation Fee. Domestic students submitting international coursework from study abroad do not pay the evaluation fee. Students admitted to the UIC School of Public Health will need to provide sealed official transcripts to the UIC Office of Admissions prior to their second term at the university. International applicants may submit a course by course WES evaluation directly to SOPHAS, but it is not required and will not replace the upload requirement.
7. GRE Test Optional
Standardized test scores are optional. Test scores are not required but will be considered if an application chooses to submit them.
For PhD programs, an application without test scores may be deemed less competitive if coursework and/or experience does not adequately show evidence of quantitative skill set.
If submitting GRE scores, test code options are:
- GRE Scores sent to code 7931 will be forwarded and shown as official on the SOPHAS application.
- Scores sent to code 1851-0616 will be received by UIC only.
Either code is accepted, 7931 is preferred.