Fall Semester Deadline
International students - December 15
Domestic students - May 15
** Due to the current need for public health professionals in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the school has extended the Fall 2020 domestic application deadline to July 1 for Masters programs. Applicants considering an application are encouraged to apply and all applications will receive full consideration. Given current test center closures, programs are considering GRE waivers on a case by case basis. If you would like more information, please contact SPH Admissions directly.**
- Complete the UIC supplemental application and supplemental fee: UIC requires a brief supplemental applicationand non-refundable supplemental application fee ($70 for Domestic and International applicants).
- Complete the SOPHAS application and fee. The documents in steps 3 – 5 will all be uploaded via SOPHAS.
- Personal Statement, uploaded via SOPHAS in no more than 500 words.
- How attaining a Master of Healthcare Administration degree will, a) help meet your personal career goals and b) provide you with the tools to improve the health status of underserved communities.
- Why you are applying to the UIC MHA program.
- Resume or CV, uploaded via SOPHAS
- Three letters of recommendation, uploaded via SOPHAS
- Domestic Applicants must submit transcripts issued from the University for all undergraduate and post-baccalaureate work directly to SOPHAS. Domestic students who have completed course work at foreign institutions should follow the instructions provided below for international applicants for submitting those academic credentials.
- All international transcripts must be uploaded directly into the UIC system after completing the Supplemental Application. Students uploading international transcripts must also pay a UIC International Credential Evaluation Fee. Domestic students submitting international coursework from study abroad do not pay the evaluation fee. Students admitted to the UIC School of Public Health will need to provide sealed official transcripts to the UIC Office of Admissions prior to their second term at the university. International applicants may submit a course by course WES evaluation directly to SOPHAS, but it is not required.
7. Official Standardized Test Scores:
- GRE Scores sent to code 7931 will be forwarded and shown as official on the SOPHAS application.
- Scores sent to code 1851-0616 will be received by UIC only.
Either code is accepted, 7931 is preferred.
GRE Scores are required for all MHA applicants except:
- MHA applicants with a degree at the doctoral level from an accredited U.S. or Canadian school.
- Physicians who are fully licensed to practice in the United States (through residency).
- For exceptional cases not listed, please contact your division of interest for further information.
Note: UIC also accepts MHA applications via HAMPCAS in lieu of SOPHAS.
Expedited Review Process
The Master of Healthcare Administration program offers an expedited review process for applicants who meet the following qualifications:
Key elements of this process are:
- Health-related bachelor’s degree
- Overall 3.5 GPA (based on a 4.0 scale)
- Strong reference letter from the program director of your undergraduate program
- Personal interview with the UIC MHA Program Director
Applicants who are accepted for the Expedited Admission Process will have the requirement to take the GRE exam waived.