for the residential MHA program
Fall Semester Deadline
International students - January 15
Domestic students - April 15
Priority deadline of December 1 for all applicants to be guaranteed consideration for school-level financial aid.
This application is specifically for residential MHA. If you are applying to the Executive MHA, please follow this application process.
Admissions Contact Heading link
Assistant Director of Recruitment and Engagement
Application Steps Heading link
- Complete the UIC graduate application and supplemental fee: UIC requires an application and non-refundable application fee ($70 for Domestic and International applicants). Employees of UIC may be eligible for a fee waiver. A mandatory, non-refundable $100 International Credential Evaluation Fee is assessed for all graduate and professional degree-seeking applicants who have post-secondary coursework taken outside the United States.
- Complete the SOPHAS application and fee. The documents in steps 3 – 5 will all be uploaded via SOPHAS.
- Personal Statement, uploaded via SOPHAS in no more than 500 words.
- How attaining a Master of Healthcare Administration degree will, a) help meet your personal career goals and b) provide you with the tools to improve the health status of underserved communities.
- Why you are applying to the UIC MHA program.
- Resume or CV, uploaded via SOPHAS
- Three letters of recommendation, uploaded via SOPHAS
- Domestic Applicants must submit transcripts issued from the University for all undergraduate and post-baccalaureate work directly to SOPHAS. Domestic students who have completed course work at foreign institutions should follow the instructions provided below for international applicants for submitting those academic credentials.
- All international transcripts must be uploaded directly into the UIC system after completing the Supplemental Application. Students uploading international transcripts must also pay a UIC International Credential Evaluation Fee. Domestic students submitting international coursework from study abroad do not pay the evaluation fee. Students admitted to the UIC School of Public Health will need to provide sealed official transcripts to the UIC Office of Admissions prior to their second term at the university. International applicants may submit a course by course WES evaluation directly to SOPHAS, but it is not required and will not replace the upload requirement.
7. GRE Test Optional
Standardized test scores are optional. Test scores are not required but will be considered if an application chooses to submit them.
If submitting GRE scores, test code options are:
- GRE Scores sent to code 7931 will be forwarded and shown as official on the SOPHAS application.
- Scores sent to code 1851-0616 will be received by UIC only.
Either code is accepted, 7931 is preferred.