Where to Give
Through the generosity of alumni and friends, UIC SPH students benefit from many endowed awards, scholarships and fellowships. These funds recognize student academic achievement, provide travel stipends, support students from underrepresented communities and support the upgrading of UIC SPH computers. If you have questions about any of these funds, or wish to create an endowed fund, please contact the Office of Advancement at (312) 355-3027 or SPHAdvancement@uic.edu.
Provides funding to support all needs and initiatives across the School of Public Health.
Dean's Fund for Excellence
This discretionary fund provides resources for the highest priority needs at UIC SPH. Your gift may be used to help enhance endowments or scholarship awards. It may also help expand student resources, such as travel funds or study facilities.
Division Support Funds
Alumni and friends have the option to direct part or all of their gifts to the academic divisions and programs. These discretionary funds allow individual programs to increase their student support, provide funds for research and professional development, and develop the many leadership programs for students and community partners.
- Community Health Sciences Division Fund
- Health Policy and Administration Division Fund
- Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Division Fund
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics Division Fund
Program Support Funds
Alumni and friends can direct their giving to support various programs within the School. These range from advancing opportunities for our global health program to supporting the next leaders in healthcare.
- DrPH Program Fund
- Global Health Program Fund
- Master of Healthcare Administration Fund
- Maternal and Child Health Fund
- Undergraduate Program Fund
Center and Institute Funds
The impact of our centers, institutes, and programs ranges from preventing violence in dangerous Chicago neighborhoods to increasing fitness awareness among the aging. The partners below work closely with UIC SPH to make the world safer, happier and healthier:
- Community Outreach Intervention Projects
- Health and Empowerment for African Lives (HEAL) Support Fund
- IHRP Graduate Student Development Fund
- Policy, Practice and Prevention Research Center Fund
- Mining Education and Research (MinER) Center Fund
- Fit & Strong!
The UIC School of Public Health has been fortunate to receive numerous contributions from alumni and friends establishing current-use and endowed funds benefiting our students, faculty and alumni.
- UIC SPH General Scholarship Fund
- Amuwo Scholarship Fund
- Bernard H. Baum Golden Apple Award
- Michael Bruton Workplace Safety Foundation Fund
- Alan W. Donaldson Endowment
- Viron L. Diefenbach Award for Excellence in Student Research Endowment
- Sylvia E. Furner Public Health Scholarship
- Estelle Goldstein Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- William Haenszel Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- The Hamilton Endowment Fund
- Bonnie C. Minsky Award
- MHA Community Service Scholarship Fund
- Douglas Passaro Global Horizons Scholarship
- Loretta Pratt Lacey Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- Daniel Swartzman Public Health Ethics Endowed Seminar Fund
- Linda St. Germain Memorial Reference Center Technology Endowment
- Paul Levy Memorial Fund
- Paul Q. Peterson Scholarship Fund
- Rodney Philip Musselman Educational Travel Fund
- Scrimshaw Family Health Scholarship Fund
- Curtisteen Steward Memorial Scholarship
- Ross A. Slotten Graduate Student Scholarship Fund
- Sharon L. Telleen Maternal and Child Health Endowment
- W.W. Wiebel Dissertation Research Scholarship