Public Health Scholarships and Awards
The School of Public Health awards scholarships to students demonstrating significant academic achievements, engagement in research pursuits, and educational interest in different areas of public health. Announcements, including information about application procedures and deadlines, will be made in the fall academic term via the SPH-Students listserv.
Scholarship applications will be accessible via the UIC Scholarships and Awards (SNAP) system toward the end of the fall semester. Awards are typically paid out in the spring term. Please note that students cannot receive a monetary award from the school in a term for which they are graduating.
Steps to apply for SPH scholarships/awards
- Review the specific awards available under each of the SPH applications.
- Complete the general UIC SNAP general application. This is required before filling out any other applications in the system.
- Complete the SPH-General Scholarships Application– This applications covers the majority of scholarships/awards for SPH students, including both school-wide and division/program specific awards. SPH students from all graduate degree levels are encouraged to apply for awards through this application.
- Consider filling out these additional applications, if they apply to you:
- SPH-Doctoral Awards Application– This application covers scholarships/awards that are specifically targeted to doctoral students.
- SPH-Global Health Scholarships and Awards Application– This application covers scholarships/awards that are specifically related to students pursuing a global health field experience.
Applications will be linked below along with deadline information as available. Information about the specific awards available through each application are listed below.
|SPH-Scholarships and Awards Application||12/9/19||1/24/20|
|SPH- Doctoral Scholarships and Awards Application||12/9/19||1/24/20|
|SPH- Global Health Scholarships and Awards Application||2/1/20||3/15/20|
Schoolwide Scholarships and Awards
- Amuwo Minority Scholarships
- Bonnie C. Minsky Awards
- MHA Community Service Scholarships
- Michael Bruton Workplace Safety Scholarship
- Paul Levy Memorial Student Support Fund
- Scrimshaw Family Latino Health Scholarship
- Viron L. Diefenbach Award for Excellence in Student Research
- William Haenszel Memorial Scholarships
- Warren Lavey and Holly Rosencranz Fund
Global Health Scholarships & Awards
- Donna Farley Global Health Scholarship
- Douglas Passaro Global Horizons Scholarship
- The Paul Brandt-Rauf Scholarship in Global Health
- Ross A. Slotten Graduate Student Scholarship
Doctoral Scholarships and Awards
- Frederick J. Kviz PhD Dissertation Research Support Scholarship
- Sharon Telleen Maternal and Child Health Awards
- W. W. Wiebel Dissertation Research Scholarship