Public Health Scholarships and Awards
The School of Public Health awards scholarships to students demonstrating significant academic achievements, engagement in research pursuits, and educational interest in different areas of public health. Announcements, including information about application procedures and deadlines, will be made in the fall academic term via the SPH-Students listserv.
Scholarship applications will be accessible via the UIC Scholarships and Awards (SNAP) system toward the end of the fall semester. Awards are typically paid out in the spring term. Please note that students cannot receive a monetary award from the school in a term for which they are graduating.
Steps to apply for SPH scholarships/awards
- Review the specific awards available under each of the SPH applications.
- Complete the general UIC SNAP general application. This is required before filling out any other applications in the system.
- Complete the SPH-General Scholarships Application– This applications covers the majority of scholarships/awards for SPH students, including both school-wide and division/program specific awards. SPH students from all graduate degree levels are encouraged to apply for awards through this application.
- Consider filling out these additional applications, if they apply to you:
- SPH-Doctoral Awards Application– This application covers scholarships/awards that are specifically targeted to doctoral students.
- SPH-Global Health Scholarships and Awards Application– This application covers scholarships/awards that are specifically related to students pursuing a global health field experience.
- SPH-Alan W. Donaldson Award – This award honors one graduating student for significant academic excellence, qualities of leadership, and community service. It is the most prestigious award granted by the UIC School of Public Health and is a memorial to Alan W. Donaldson, ScD, a founding father of the School and its first Associate Dean. Applicants must be among the graduating class from a School of Public Health degree program (summer 2019, fall 2019, or spring 2020). Additionally, applicants must be available to speak at the School’s Commencement on May 8, 2020. The Donaldson Award requires 2 letters of recommendation from faculty members and a letter from an outside community agency or organization. The SNAP system allows you to enter the name and email address of the faculty members providing your letter. Please be sure to reach out to the faculty members before you enter their name in the system. Please be careful to correctly enter the faculty member’s email address. The letter from an outside agency/organization should be received directly by you and uploaded to the SNAP system.
- SPH-Rodney P. Musselman Travel Award – This award supports students attending professional conferences or meetings, including travel, accommodations, meals, and registration fees.
Applications will be linked below along with deadline information as available. Information about the specific awards available through each application are listed below.
|SPH-Scholarships and Awards Application||12/8/20||1/22/21|
|SPH-Doctoral Scholarships and Awards Application||12/8/20||1/22/21|
|SPH-Global Health Scholarships and Awards Application||TBD||TBD|
|SPH-Alan W. Donaldson Award||TBD||TBD|
|SPH-Rodney P. Musselman Travel Award||TBD||TBD|
Schoolwide Scholarships and Awards
- Alan W. Donaldson Award
- Amuwo Minority Scholarships
- Bonnie C. Minsky Awards
- Barbara Lewis MHA Community Service Scholarship
- Michael Bruton Workplace Safety Scholarship
- Paul Levy Memorial Student Support Fund
- Scrimshaw Family Latino Health Scholarship
- Support for Inclusion of Affected Populations in Epidemiological Research Fund
- Viron L. Diefenbach Award for Excellence in Student Research
- William Haenszel Memorial Scholarships
- Warren Lavey and Holly Rosencranz Fund
Global Health Scholarships & Awards
- Donna Farley Global Health Scholarship
- Douglas Passaro Global Horizons Scholarship
- The Paul Brandt-Rauf Scholarship in Global Health
- Ross A. Slotten Graduate Student Scholarship
Doctoral Scholarships and Awards
- Frederick J. Kviz PhD Dissertation Research Support Scholarship
- Sharon Telleen Maternal and Child Health Awards