Your browser is unsupported

We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Other Types of Assistance

School of Public Health students may also be eligible for other types of financial assistance.

Veterans Benefits

Most state and federal veteran educational programs can be used in conjunction with other forms of funding to cover student attendance expenses. Students must fill out the FAFSA form to be considered for other forms of aid. The Office of Veteran Affairs can assist veterans with counseling on VA Educational Benefits and the processing of applications. The staff can also provide support related to certification and verification of enrollment.

Loan Forgiveness Programs

Students engaged in full-time public service jobs may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.

Conference Travel Expenses

For student travel expenses, the SPH Dean’s Office maintains a Student Travel Support fund. This fund provides limited support to assist students who are presenting papers at professional conferences. Due to limited funding, students may only receive travel support from this fund once per academic year. For further information, students should contact Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, John T. Slavick at (312) 355-1566; . To apply, please fill out the Travel Awards Application.

Graduate College Emergency Grant Fund

The Graduate College has established an Emergency Grant to provide financial help to graduate students who may experience acute, unexpected problems that are of a short-term nature.

President’s Research in Diversity Travel Award Program

The Vice President for Academic Affairs offers this competitive award, providing a certificate and funding, not to exceed $500, for travel to a professional conference between October 1, 2014, and March 30, 2015. Based on campus size, awards will be presented to two students on each of the Urbana and Chicago campuses and one student on the Springfield campus. These conference travel awards are intended to support student candidates who will be presenting papers, posters, or creative work at conferences related to issues of diversity or identity, such as those involving race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and national origin. More information and application

Student Presenter Awards

The Graduate Student Presenter Awards help graduate students defray costs associated with presenting research at scholarly meetings or conferences, (e.g., registration and/or travel expenses). A graduate student is defined as a degree-seeking student currently enrolled in a Graduate College program. Students enrolled in the MSW, MBA, DrPH, MPH, MENG or other non Graduate College Programs are NOT eligible for these awards. For a full list of programs in the Graduate College, please see the Graduate College Web site. Awards are contingent upon the availability of funds. Students are only eligible to receive funding once per academic year. To apply, please see the Graduate College website.

UIC Office of Student Financial Aid

For further information on tuition waivers, scholarships, fellowships, veteran benefits and more, please visit the Office of Student Financial Aid website.