Our alums span the globe, near and far, making a real impact on the health of communities, as public health practitioners, public servants, entrepreneurs, researchers, executives, teachers, and in many cases, trailblazers.
- In urban communities of western Africa, UIC SPH alumni are helping reduce the transmission of HIV.
- In Central Europe, UIC SPH alumni are studying reproductive health among a group of factory workers.
- In the Caribbean, UIC SPH alumni are assessing and evaluating government sponsored activities that combat various public health challenges.
- In Central Asia, UIC SPH alumni are at the forefront of health policy development and implementation.
- In Chicago, UIC SPH alumni are consulting for Fortune 500 companies, heading non-profit healthcare agencies, impacting health policy, and even running the city’s Department of Public Health.
- Some of our alumni have stayed right here at the School of Public Health to help train the public health leaders of tomorrow!
We welcome all alumni back to the School of Public Health, and hope this website will provide you with new and exciting alumni engagement opportunities that will keep you connected!
Explore the site and find your way to get involved! If you have any questions, comments or ideas do not hesitate to email SPHAdvancement@uic.edu.
Message from the Alumni Board President
Hello fellow SPH Alumni!
You are part of an elite community that includes people working across the county and beyond in every level of public health imaginable. Through the Alumni Association you can leverage that wealth of experience, all you need to do is become engaged! How can you become more engaged? Learn more about what is happening at the school by liking SPH Facebook, following the school on Twitter or LinkedIn. Attend one of our Alumni focused events such as Healthy Spirits or the Alumni Learning Series.
Another way to stay engaged is keep us up to date on where you are and what you are working on. That way if we have networking events going on where you live or about a topic in an area you work in, we can reach out to you so that you have the opportunity to take advantage of those events. Email the Office of Advancement at SPHAdvancement@uic.edu and let them know where you are and for who you are working.
Lastly, make a gift to the UIC SPH. When you make a gift you are able to choose which fund you would like your contribution to go. So if you are a Maternal Child Health Alum, as I am, you can make sure that the MCH division benefits from your gift. This is a great way to stay engaged as you are contributing to the future success of the school.
I look forward to meeting and working with you in the coming years!
Tracie L. Smith
MPH MCH/EPI 2003
“I saw the importance of population health, not just treatment, and knew that public health was the field I wanted to work in.”