MESSAGE FROM DR. GERI DONENBERG, RESEARCH DEAN
Please take a moment to learn about the breadth and depth of our faculty’s expertise across the domain of public health. SPH faculty are engaged in innovative research and scholarly activities with high impact at the local, state, and international levels. Areas of excellence include (but are not limited to) health disparities, cancer detection, violence prevention, obesity, substance abuse, HIV/AIDS, infectious diseases, maternal and child health, health policy, access to care, environmental pollutants, food safety, occupational health, and climate control. SPH faculty are at the forefront of their fields, leading their disciplines, and identifying novel solutions to serious public health problems here and abroad. Working together with local communities, SPH research is culturally relevant and meaningful and has the potential for long-term sustained impact. Come be inspired by our faculty and the research underway.
INNOVATIVE AND INSPIRING
As public health plays an increasingly critical role in today's society, the innovative research and inspiring achievements of UIC School of Public Health have become part of local, national and international conversation. Through our faculty, students and alumni, the UIC SPH presence extends far beyond its role as an academic environment.
- studying infectious diseases around the world;
- reducing shootings in Chicago to keep families safe;
- educating in Africa to help stop the spread of HIV/AIDS;
- bringing clean water to villages in South America;
- fighting childhood obesity through our public schools;
- preventing infant mortality in underserved neighborhoods;
- working to eliminate health disparities.