Employers Recruiting at SPH
Thank you for your interest in recruiting and posting career opportunities at the UIC School of Public Health.
The UIC School of Public Health:
- is the only accredited school of public health in Illinois.
- is ranked 3rd in the percentage of under-represented minority students among schools of public health.
- is known for translating its research into practice and does so through programs such as our Community Outreach Interventions Projects and the MidAmerica Center for Public Health Practice.
Posting open jobs and internships
To facilitate your recruiting efforts, feel free to sign up for an employer account on uiccareers.com. This job search database is exclusively for UIC students and an ideal location to post jobs, fellowships, and internships. This is a FREE service to employers!
Steps for posting opportunities:
- Go to uiccareers.com
- Click on For employers
- Click on Register And Post Local Job
- Follow the prompts as directed
- Within 1-3 business day you should receive email confirmation of your registration and job posting.
Host an information session
If you would like to host an information session to speak to students about any volunteer opportunities, internships, field experience / applied practice experience, fellowships, part-time or full-time opportunities, SPH Career Services can help make arrangements and accommodate your recruitment needs.
Serve as a preceptor
A preceptor is a practicing public health professional who plays a vital role in the education and training of UIC SPH public health students by hosting a student for their Applied Practice (AP) Experience. An AP experience is a course that is required of all Master of Public Health students (IPHS 650). The purpose of the course is for students to acquire experience and develop practical skills in the application of public health competencies and concepts.