Where to Give
Where to Give
Through the generosity of alumni and friends, UIC SPH students benefit from many endowed awards, scholarships and fellowships. These funds recognize student academic achievement, provide travel stipends, support students from underrepresented communities, and support the upgrading of UIC SPH computers.
DEAN’S FUND FOR EXCELLENCE
This discretionary fund provides resources for the highest priority needs at UIC SPH. Your gift may be used to help enhance endowments or scholarship awards. It may also help expand student resources, such as travel funds or study facilities.
DIVISION SUPPORT FUNDS
Alumni and friends have the option to direct part or all of their gifts to the academic divisions and programs. These discretionary funds allow individual programs to increase their student support, provide funds for research and professional development, and develop the many leadership programs for students and community partners.
- Community Health Sciences Division Fund
- Health Policy and Administration Division Fund
- Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Division Fund
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics Division Fund
CENTER, INSTITUTE, AND PROGRAM FUNDING
You’d be surprised at the work coming out of UIC SPH affiliated centers, institutes, and programs, from preventing violence in dangerous Chicago neighborhoods to increasing fitness awareness among the aging. The partners below work closely with UIC SPH to make the world safer, happier and healthier:
- CeaseFire Illinois Support Fund
- Cure Violence Fund
- Community Outreach Intervention Projects
- Diversity Initiatives Support Fund
- DrPH Program Fund
- Fit & Strong!
- Great Lakes Center Fund
- Health and Empowerment for African Lives Support Fund
- MidAmerica Center for Public Health Practice Support Fund
The UIC School of Public Health has been fortunate to receive numerous contributions from alumni and friends establishing current-use and endowed funds benefiting our students, faculty and alumni.
- UIC SPH General Scholarship Fund
- Alan W. Donaldson Endowment
- Amuwo Scholarship Endowment
- Bernard H. Baum Golden Apple Award
- Bonnie C. Minsky Award Endowment
- Dean’s Student Support Fund
- Douglas Passaro Global Horizons Scholarship
- Dr. Sharon L. Telleen Maternal and Child Health Endowment
- Estelle Goldstein Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- IHRP Graduate Student Development Fund
- Linda St. Germain Memorial Reference Center Technology Endowment
- Loretta Pratt Lacey Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- Michael Bruton Workplace Safety Endowment
- Naomi Morris Distinguished Alumni Awards
- Paul Levy Memorial Fund
- Paul Q. Peterson Scholarship Endowment
- Rodney Philip Musselman Educational Travel Endowment
- Scrimshaw Family Health Scholarship Endowment
- SPH Hamilton Fund
- Sylvia E. and James M. Furner Public Health Scholarship
- UIC Curtisteen Steward Memorial Scholarship
- UIC Dr. Ross A. Slotten Graduate Student Scholarship Fund
- UIC MHA Community Service Scholarship Fund
- Viron L. Diefenbach Award for Excellence in Student Research Endowment
- William Haenszel Memorial Scholarship Endowment
If you have questions about any of these funds, or wish to create an endowed fund, please contact the Office of Advancement at 312-355-3027 or SPHadvancement@uic.edu.