Centers Institutes & Programs
About Centers, Institutes and Programs
Faculty members of the University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health are involved in an extensive range of research and service projects funded from federal, state, and private sources. These initiatives, pursued at the local, state, national, and international levels, provide resources and assistance to communities from the school's immediate neighborhoods to locations around the world. Such projects also enrich the education offered to students in public health, creating opportunities for learning, collaboration, and discovery.
Centers and Institutes
The following centers and institutes are either situated within SPH, affiliated with SPH, or supported by SPH. Click on the name of each organization to learn more:
- Cancer Center
- Center for the Advancement of Distance Education
- Center for Biostatistical Development
- Center for Clinical and Translational Science
- MidAmerica Center for Public Health Practice
- Great Lakes Centers for Occupational and Environmental Safety and Health
- Institute for Health Research and Policy
- Institute for Environmental Science and Policy, Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
- Chicago Project for Violence Prevention (CPVP)
- Community Asthma Prevention Program (CAPP)
- Community Outreach Intervention Projects (COIP)
- Diversity in Public Health Program (UHDP)
- Fogarty UIC AIDS International Training and Research Program
- Maternal and Child Health Training Program (MCH)
Other Campus Units
Please visit the Office of the Vice Chancellor Webpage to learn more additional research resources on campus:
NIH to Require Use of Updated Electronic Application Forms for Due Dates on or after September 25, 2013 More...
Fact sheet: Impact of Sequestration on the National Institutes of Health More...
NIH Announces an Adjustment to Transition Timeline for Electronic Submission of Multi-Project Applications More...