Which Program is Right for Me
The UIC School of Public Health offers fully online options for students interested in developing expertise in the systematic application of information technology to public health practice, research and learning. If you still have questions regarding the best fit for your skills, interests, and circumstances after reading the guidelines below, contact us and we can help you further explore your options.
WHO SHOULD APPLY TO UIC’S MPH PROGRAM?
- State and local public health agency personnel – Learn how to apply population-based health information to maximize the efficiency and efficacy of public health practice.
- Staff of managed care organizations – Make better decisions regarding healthcare costs, pricing and service provisions by utilizing public health databases and other population-based health information.
- International health agency personnel – Understand how to develop sophisticated healthcare information systems to access and disseminate relevant health information.
- Federal health officers – Meet the demands placed on public health surveillance systems due to bioterrorism, emerging communicable diseases and other threats to public health.
- Physicians and other healthcare providers – Address the health problems of communities and populations.
- Military and veteran health officers – Utilize your GI benefits and develop skills to apply in your current or future role in public health administration.
- IT professionals – Expand your understanding of public health data collection, analysis, management and application to develop expertise and enhance career opportunities.
WHO SHOULD APPLY TO UIC’S PHI CERTIFICATE PROGRAM?
- Professionals with public health degree or experience – Develop expertise in the application of information technology to the study of population-based public health.
- Individuals – Develop informatics skills with the option to apply to UIC’s Master of Public Health in Public Health Informatics at a later date.
- Students of traditional Public Health degree programs – Choose a concentration in public health informatics.
Please note that all UIC PHI courses are transferable towards the fulfillment of UIC’sMaster of Public Health in Public Health Informatics, and may be transferable towards the completion of other UIC degrees or degrees at other institutions.
- Professionals – Enhance your career experience with one or two PHI classes.
- Prospective students – Enroll in a PHI course for an introduction to the content, relevance, and presentation of either the MPH or the Certificate Program.
- Future PHI program applicants – Begin earning credits toward the MPH or Certificate Program even though the upcoming semester’s application deadline has passed.