MPH in Health Policy and Administration
You can build your skills in both policy and management with one degree.
UIC's Master of Public Health in Health Policy and Administration partners with students to develop and advance their careers in public health.
Courses are taught by inter-professional faculty with expertise in multiple fields:
- Policy research
- Health Economics
- Clinical sciences
- Disparities research
Samples of curriculum and program sequence (Full-Time, Online, Hybrid)
Outline of Curriculum
(to see the full student handbook, MPH Student Handbook 2018-2019)
Professionals, who understand the relationship between public health and our community needs. Health Policy and Administration (HPA) graduates pursue careers as policy advocates, informatics specialists, clinical researchers, health care administrators, health services researchers and health policy researchers in a variety of organizations including hospitals, associations, public and private organizations as well as governmental and non-governmental agencies.
Job titles and organizations where some of our alumni work:
- Government Programs Division Strategist, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas
- Public Health Analyst, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Manager of Health Promotion, Chicago Public Schools
- Health Policy and Regulatory Affairs Professional, DAIKAYA LLC
- Director of Quality and Practice Transformation, Esperanza Health Centers
- Senior Director, Global Benefits and Wellness, Fitbit
- Research Coordinator, Behavioral Insights and Parenting Lab, Harris School of Public Policy at the University of Chicago
- Vice President of Strategy and Development, Heartland Health Centers
- Executive Director-Louis Stokes Health Sciences Library, Howard University
- Healthcare Consulting Analyst, Huron Consulting Group
- Policy & Compliance Manager, Illinois Health Information Exchange Authority
- Program Officer, PMA Agile, John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Executive Vaccine Customer Representative, Merck
- Manager, Data Management & Analytics, Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Communications Associate, National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine
- Strategy Manager, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Associate Director, Research Projects, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Community Health Educator, Peace Corps
- Project Coordinator, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Minority Health
- Manager, Collaborative for Accountability and Improvement, University of Washington Medical Center
- Executive Officer, U.S. Africom, US Army
Gain knowledge and network with influencers
Examining the impact of law and policy on practices, community environments, and individual behaviors/attitudes
Designing studies to examine and reduce modifiable risk factors in minority and underserved populations
Analyzing new biomedical intervention and testing on improving population health and its impact on healthcare services delivery
Our master's students participate in and work with professionals in the field through experiences in and out of the classroom. You will create a practicum based on your goals with practitioners and experts in policy and administration.
The classroom provides sequences of learning (Full-Time, Online, Hybrid) that will be used in your first semester as you network and develop your squad.
We are here for you
Still have questions? Let us know how we can help!