Careers in HPA
Careers in HPA
POST GRADUATION – PRACTICING HPA
Professional success begins with the right preparation. HPA emphasizes real-world experience through internships, mentoring programs, and field work. We consider these collaborations to be notable resources to professional success and we can accredit our graduate’s career readiness to this kind of engagement. UIC’s HPA alumni are practicing leaders in their fields working as administrators, advocates, informatics specialists, researchers, and executives.
Take a look at some of the Health Services Agencies where HPA alumni are working to improve Public Health:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Lung Association of Chicago
- American Medical Association
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Chicago Department of Public Health
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Healthy Schools Campaign
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Hospitals (Advocate, Children’s Memorial, Northwestern Memorial, University of Chicago, University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago)
- Clinics (Access Community, Erie Family Health Center, PCC Wellness Center)
- Universities (Johns Hopkins, Louisville, Purdue)
PLAN YOUR FUTURE
Use the SPH resources in Career Services to learn about fellowships, explore job postings, strategize career options or schedule a one-on-one meeting with a career counselor to develop and fulfill your career goals. We strive to match our students and alumni with employers that can utilize their unique skill set.
Visit the HPA alumni page to see what our graduates are up to.