Medical Advisorship Program
THE OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE INSTITUTE (OHSI)
MEDICAL ADVISORSHIP PROGRAM
Part-time, board certified, faculty physician advisors provide a flexible, cost-effective solution to meet the needs for a part time corporate medical department or external chart review. Through this innovative program, our corporate partners enjoy the confidential, individualized advice of a single faculty member with the backup of our entire group, thus providing years of experience in the field of occupational and environmental medicine to each issue that arises. As a World Health Organization collaborating center, we advise multinational organizations who wish to make cost-effective choices that are consistent with environmental and public health values.
Comprehensive Personalized Occupational Medical Expertise for the Cost-Conscious Corporation.
- Board certified occupational health physicians to function as part-time medical directors for businesses
- 24 hour 7 days a week availability by page
- Provide consultation services on program development, workers' compensation cases, disability assessment
- On site case management
- Assistance in policy and regulation implementation
- Fully trained and experienced occupational nursing staff
- Medical surveillance evaluations
- Health and wellness programs
- Safety and health educational programs
- Health hazard evaluations of work sites
- Medical specialist support network
- Counseling assistance referral
- Ergonomic consultation services
- Corporate travel health programs
Competitive and affordable.
The Medical Advisorship Program is part of the clinical services provided by teaching faculty of the Great Lakes Centers for Occupational and Environmental Safety and Health of the University of Illinois School of Public Health, a World Health Organization Collaborating Centre. Our physicians are board certified in Occupational Medicine with over a hundred years of cumulative experience in providing occupational health advise and service to corporations, communities, and unions in the Midwest. In addition our group includes industrial hygienists and Occupational Health nurses, thereby allowing for a full range of occupational health services.
Peter Orris MD,MPH, FACOEM,FACP is Director of the Medical Advisorship Program. He has over 25 years experience in providing occupational and environmental medical services to private businesses, unions and governmental agencies.
Dr. Orris is a Professor at University of Illinois School of Medicine.
The Medical Advisorship Program
University Health Service
835 South Wolcott, Room E-144
Chicago, Illinois 60612
(map & directions)
To inquire more about this program, please call
Senior Project Coordinator