Careers in HPA
HPA emphasizes real-world experience through internships, mentoring programs, and field work, preparing its graduates for a wide spectrum of careers in the field of public health. Our alumni work as administrators, advocates, informatics specialists, researchers (clinical, health services, policy), and executives.
Some examples of where HPA alumni are working:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Lung Association of Chicago
- American Medical Association
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Chicago and Illinois Departments of Public Health
- Healthy Schools Campaign
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Hospitals (Advocate, Children’s Memorial, Northwestern Memorial, University of Chicago, University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago)
- Clinics (Access Community, Erie Family Health Center, PCC Wellness Center)
- Universities (Johns Hopkins, Louisville, Purdue)
UIC HPA cooperates with hospitals, nonprofits, and other public health organizations in the greater Chicago area. See which of our partners can help you get your feet wet as you serve the community.
Thinking about the future? Visit SPH Career Services to learn about fellowships, job postings, or schedule a one-on-one meeting with a career counselor. We work hard to pair our students and alumni with employers that need their unique skill sets.
Visit the HPA alumni page to see what our graduates are up to.