Careers in CHS
Careers for Community Health Science graduates vary widely and include public health practice, teaching and research in primary prevention, formation and analysis of health policy, and managing and evaluating health programs for at-risk populations.
A graduate with an MPH degree in CHS may become a public health program director, planner, consultant, or a legislative aide. A graduate with an MS or PhD degree is also qualified to become a researcher or a university faculty member.
Recent CHS graduates have found employment in the following areas:
- Research Scientist, Center for Management of Complex Chronic Care
- Nurse Practitioner, UIC Hospital
- Cancer Liaison Program Administrator, American College of Surgeons
- Population/Health/Nutrition Foreign Service Officer, U.S. Agency for International Development
- Health Communication and Research Officer, Academy for Educational Development
- Associate Professor/Project Director, Loyola University
- Health Services Coordinator, Deborah's Place