SPH Academic Integrity Tutorial
Welcome to the Academic Integrity Tutorial for the UIC School of Public Health. Here at the School, we hope to promote an environment of professionalism based on the tenet of academic integrity. Academic integrity exists when students and faculty seek knowledge honestly, fairly, with mutual respect and trust, and accept responsibility and any consequences for their actions.
This tutorial will help to outline the major components of academic integrity and how engaging in acts of academic dishonesty can negatively affect your grades, peers, and future. Many students have been disciplined for their dishonest actions – don’t let this happen to you.
All students entering the School in Fall 2010 or later are required to successfully complete this tutorial. All other students are encouraged to complete the module to increase awareness of academic dishonesty offenses and learn how to avoid such instances in their assignments and research.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Before you begin the Academic Integrity Tutorial, please note the following:
- Computer Requirements - To access the tutorial you will need a web browser, free Adobe Flash Player (download at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=DXLUJ), and free Adobe Reader (download athttp://get.adobe.com/reader). The Tutorial requires Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser to operate properly. The newest Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser can be downloaded at: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie.
- Time Requirements - Please make sure you have budgeted enough time to complete the entire tutorial (we expect it to take approximately 30 minutes). The tutorial cannot be saved for later access so if you exit the tutorial before completing all components, you will have to start over from the beginning.
- Audio Requirements - There is NO audio in this tutorial. You will not need headphones or computer speakers to complete this tutorial.
- Advancing Slides - To move forward in the tutorial, you may either click the screen or click the Forward button at the bottom of your screen.
- Quiz - At the end of the tutorial, you will be required to complete a quiz with plagiarism examples. You must answer all questions correctly to complete this tutorial satisfactorily. If you do not get all answers correct, you will have to retake the quiz until you receive 100%. Once you complete this quiz, you will be able to print out a certificate of completion.
*Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser is required for the tutorial to operate properly.