WHAT IS PHSA?
The Public Health Student Association (PHSA) is the student led organization and student governing body at the UIC School of Public Health. PHSA’s roles are to act as a liaison between students and faculty, promote career development through networking events, promote student involvement in the school community, and represent the needs of students of the School of Public Health.
All enrolled students of the UIC School of Public Health are members of PHSA. Students are encouraged to volunteer and participate in all events. The PHSA Administration will be having all-student General meetings. Please watch the SPH listserv and the PHSA Blackboard site for details.
Our mission is to serve the students of the UIC School of Public Health. In order to fulfill our mission we plan:
- To be a voice for the student body
- To be a bridge between the administration and the students
- To promote public health initiatives
- To support students in their pursuit of academic excellence
- To create a friendly environment that fosters social interactions between students, faculty and staff
The Public Health Student Association (PHSA) is a non dues-paying membership organization. All students of the School of Public Health are considered active PHSA members. We encourage students to actively engage in monthly meetings and all SPH events.
Membership in PHSA provides a number of benefits for students in all divisions and degree levels. As the governing body for the School of Public Health, PHSA represents the voices of students. Student involvement in PHSA is crucial to the continued success of the School and includes the following benefits:
- A democratic forum to express opinions, suggestions, and concerns with the Administration of SPH.
- Access to other students and mentors within the school for networking opportunities.
- Invitations to receptions for speakers and presenters at special events.
- Ability to impact SPH academics and student affairs.
- Opportunity to run and hold office.
UPCOMING EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
The PHSA has a variety of events planned for this academic year. Please check the SPH events calendar for updated event information and be on the lookout for emails about events and meetings throughout the year.
Please feel free to contact any executive board member via email, and we would love to meet you face-to-face at one of our meetings and events!
President: A'velle Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice President: Lindsay Trujillo (email@example.com)
Treasurer: Noreen Sarhene (firstname.lastname@example.org)
APHA Liaison: Gayatri Sanku (email@example.com)
Service Committee: Jasmine Rogers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Outreach Chair: Kinyell Gaston (email@example.com)
PHSA Office (1st Floor)
1603 W Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612