Advanced Community Public Health Practice Certificate
The Advanced Community Public Health Practice Campus Certificate targets individuals with a bachelor's degree who are currently working in community, public health, or other related fields and whose current or future position requires advanced skills in applying advanced knowledge and expertise in assessing and addressing health problems in the community.
This certificate program in community health is offered entirely online and furthers the university's commitment to training public health professionals by offering courses to public health practitioners and students in other health professions who are not able to pursue a graduate public health degree.
The Advanced Community Public Health Practice Campus Certificate incorporates four Community Health Sciences courses that are required for the MPH degree concentration in Community Health Sciences. Through this certificate, program participants will acquire advanced knowledge and skills in community health sciences including:
- The role of health education and health promotion in improving population health
- Program planning, development and evaluation skills
- Quantitative and qualitative research methods useful at the community level
- Policy development and advocacy skills.
Together these knowledge sets address the core aspects of Community Health Sciences and their application to public health issues and problems. Click here for a complete list of certificate program learning objectives and learner outcomes.
Who Should Apply?
The Advanced CPHP certificate program is intended for:
- Health professions students and professionals with public health experience who wish to upgrade their community public health practice skills.
- Individuals interested in a shorter course of study in community health.
- Students enrolled in graduate programs at other institutions who may wish to transfer credits into their degree program at their current institution.
|Information on Certificate in Public Health Practice|
|Dates and Deadlines|
|How to Apply|