The minimum admission requirements for all applicants to the DrPH program include the following:
- A master’s degree from an accredited school of public health or public health training program.
- Three or more years of full-time, paid, professional experience in public health in a leadership position, or in mid- to senior-level management positions that demonstrate progressive responsibility and evidence of leadership potential.
Fall 2014 Applications
Deadline to submit SOPHAS Application
DrPH Domestic or International Applicant
February 1, 2014
In order to apply to the DrPH program, you must submit an application through the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) system.
Application materials for applying through SOPHAS include:
- Completed SOPHAS Application and fee: http://www.sophas.org/documents/Abbr_instructions.pdf
- UIC Supplemental Application and Supplemental Fee: UIC requires a brief supplemental application and non-refundable supplemental application fee ($60 for Domestic and International applicants). The supplemental application can be completed here: https://ui2web2.apps.uillinois.edu/BANPROD2/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon?web_page_id_in=2SPH.
- Personal Statement
- Resume or CV
- Three letters of recommendation
- Domestic Applicants must submit transcripts issued from the University for all undergraduate and post-baccalaureate work directly to SOPHAS. Students who have completed course work at foreign institutions should follow the instructions provided for international applicants for submitting those academic credentials.
- International applicants should upload their documents to the SOPHAS application. The UIC Office of Admissions will accept these as unofficial documents, sufficient for the admissions process. If further documents are needed, they can be uploaded to the UIC Supplemental Application. For international students who are admitted and matriculate to UIC, they will need to send official transcripts directly to the UIC Office of Admissions at that time.
- Standardized test scores are not required for the DrPH program.
SOPHAS APPLICATION PROCESS:
Please download the SOPHAS abbreviated instructions for detailed information on each application piece required for submission. The instructions can be downloaded here: http://www.sophas.org/documents/Abbr_instructions.pdf
Applicants are advised to carefully follow each step in the application process as mistakes can delay the processing of your application.
Applicants must submit their application by the SOPHAS deadline no later than 11:59 p.m Eastern Standard time.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please do not hesitate to contact the UIC School of Public Health at email@example.com or (312) 996-6628. We look forward to receiving your SOPHAS application.