Applicants meeting the experience requirements but with a master’s or higher degree outside the field of public health will be considered but will be required to make up deficiencies in content equivalent to the PhD core courses.
- A master’s degree from an accredited school, at least one of which is in the biological, physical, or social sciences
Fall 2016 Applications
Deadline to submit SOPHAS Application
EOHS Domestic Applicant
March 15, 2016
EOHS International Applicant
December 15, 2015
In order to apply to the EOHS PhD program, you must submit an application through the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) system.
Application materials for applying through SOPHAS include:
- Completed SOPHAS Application and fee
- UIC Supplemental Application and Supplemental Fee: UIC requires a brief supplemental application and non-refundable supplemental application fee ($60 for Domestic and International applicants). The supplemental application can be completed here: https://ui2web2.apps.uillinois.edu/BANPROD2/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon?web_page_id_in=2SPH.
- Personal Statement
- Resume or CV
- Three letters of recommendation
- Domestic Applicants must submit transcripts issued from the University for all undergraduate and post-baccalaureate work directly to SOPHAS. Students who have completed course work at foreign institutions should follow the instructions provided for international applicants for submitting those academic credentials.
International applicants have two options for their transcripts. One is to submit a course by course WES evaluation directly to SOPHAS. Second is to upload the transcripts directly into the UIC system after completing the Supplemental Application. Under either scenario, students admitted to the UIC School of Public Health will need to provide sealed, official transcripts to the UIC Office of Admissions prior to their second term at the university.
- Official Standardized Test Scores:
- GRE Scores sent to code 7931 will be forwarded and shown as official on the SOPHAS application.
- Scores sent to code 1851-0616 will be received by UIC only.
- GRE Scores are required for all EOHS PhD applicants except:
- MS applicants with a graduate or professional degree at the doctoral level from an accredited U.S. or Canadian school.
- MS applicants with the above-stated degrees from foreign schools whose applications are sponsored by an accepted referral service, such as AFGRAD or AMIDEAST.
- Physicians who are licensed to practice in the United States.
- For exceptional cases not listed, please contact your division of interest for further information.
Please note: The USMLE and ECFMG will not be considered in lieu of the GRE.
SOPHAS APPLICATION PROCESS:
Applicants are advised to carefully follow each step in the application process as mistakes can delay the processing of your application.
Applicants must submit their application by the SOPHAS deadline no later than 11:59 p.m Eastern Standard time on the deadline date.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please do not hesitate to contact the UIC School of Public Health at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 996-6628. We look forward to receiving your SOPHAS application.