Doctor of Public Health
Doctor of Public Health
The minimum admission requirements for all applicants to the DrPH program include the following:
- A master’s degree from an accredited school of public health or public health training program.
- Three or more years of full-time, paid, professional experience in public health in a leadership position, or in mid- to senior-level management positions that demonstrate progressive responsibility and evidence of leadership potential.
Fall 2017 Applications
Deadline to submit SOPHAS Application
DrPH Domestic or International Applicant
February 1, 2017
In order to apply to the DrPH program, you must submit an application through the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) system.
Application materials for applying through SOPHAS include:
- Completed SOPHAS Application and fee
- UIC Supplemental Application and Supplemental Fee: UIC requires a brief supplemental application and non-refundable supplemental application fee ($70 for Domestic and International applicants). The supplemental application can be completed here:https://ui2web2.apps.uillinois.edu/BANPROD2/bwskalog.P_Dis pLoginNon?web_page_id_in=2SPH.
- Personal Statement
- Resume or CV
- Three letters of recommendation
- Domestic Applicants must submit transcripts issued from the University for all undergraduate and post-baccalaureate work directly to SOPHAS. Students who have completed course work at foreign institutions should follow the instructions provided for international applicants for submitting those academic credentials.
International applicants have two options for their transcripts. One is to submit a course by course WES evaluation directly to SOPHAS. Second is to upload the transcripts directly into the UIC system after completing the Supplemental Application. Under either scenario, students admitted to the UIC School of Public Health will need to provide sealed, official transcripts to the UIC Office of Admissions prior to their second term at the university.
Standardized test scores are not required for the DrPH program.
SOPHAS APPLICATION PROCESS
Applicants are advised to carefully follow each step in the application process as mistakes can delay the processing of your application.
Applicants must submit their application by the SOPHAS deadline no later than 11:59 p.m Eastern Standard time on the deadline date.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please do not hesitate to contact the UIC School of Public Health at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 996- 6628. We look forward to receiving your SOPHAS application.